What breed is she?!?

jesskuh13

Chirping
Apr 24, 2018
Help still trying to figure this hen out...she started laying some pretty dark eggs...her egg is pictured next rhode island, australorp, buff orpington, a leghorn, and cream legbar eggs. It's actually a bit darker than the photos show and now I'm extra confused.
B.JPG
B2.JPG
20181217_194554.jpg
20181216_172332.jpg

A hatchery assortment, hence my issue...she doesn't look like my other welsummer, she has quite a bit of dark on her comparatively, but hatchery birds can be way off i suppose haha. I just dig her eggs and i want more
Help still trying to figure this hen out...she started laying some pretty dark eggs...her egg is pictured next rhode island, australorp, buff orpington, a leghorn, and cream legbar eggs. It's actually a bit darker than the photos show and now I'm extra confused.View attachment 1618812 View attachment 1618813 View attachment 1618814 View attachment 1618815

It's a local place named Townline in Michigan
I'm quite familiar with Townline. :)

What's interesting is....they don't list Welsummers under their products. :confused: Brown Leghorns were the only breed I saw that would line up visually, and even feature white earlobes. Except, your girl lays chocolate?

~Alex

Hmmm weird...my husband ordered the assortment for me. I ended up with a strange mix. I got a blue andalusian, salmon faverolle, black copper marans, 3 bielefelders, 2 blue jersey giants, 2 dark brahmas, a welsummer and her as my 12 chicks?!? I just looked at their page too and didn't see most of these...maybe i misunderstood where he got them from...all i know is that i think she's pretty and sweet and i love her eggs...lol
I'm quite familiar with Townline. :)

What's interesting is....they don't list Welsummers under their products. :confused: Brown Leghorns were the only breed I saw that would line up visually, and even feature white earlobes. Except, your girl lays chocolate?

~Alex

Are you sure the egg is from her and not the BCM? She does look like a Welsummer apart from her earlobe colour and pale legs and I have Welsummers that lay eggs that dark but her comb isn't very red and I would say she doesn't quite look like she is in lay yet. Just wondering if you might be attributing this egg to her when it is someone else's?
You got a lovely mix of birds in your assortment!

This is her today, it's currently 20 degrees out, she is usually more red, the other photo was a few weeks ago, my fbcm is a rooster unfortunately lol
IMG_8333.JPG
Are you sure the egg is from her and not the BCM? She does look like a Welsummer apart from her earlobe colour and pale legs and I have Welsummers that lay eggs that dark but her comb isn't very red and I would say she doesn't quite look like she is in lay yet. Just wondering if you might be attributing this egg to her when it is someone else's?
You got a lovely mix of birds in your assortment!

Attachments

• IMG_8309.JPG
    IMG_8309.JPG
    573.5 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom