What breed is she??

She looks like a black runner duck to me. My black runner has more of the brown coloration. Do you have a picture of her standing up?

You can see my black runner standing up next to my Cayugas. But you can just see the color difference. I don't have a better picture of these ones.
View attachment 2781020
She stands the same as the rest of my cayugas

She stands the same as the rest of my cayugas
My brown runner grew up with my Cayugas and imitated their walk. Once she saw other runners walking up right, she started to walk up right. She may be a Cayuga, but she just doesn't look like one to me. My black runner is injured, so I have spent a lot of time with her lately and your duck looks just like her. Maybe she is a runner Cayuga hybrid.

Here is a better pic of her angry at me. They have that slender head and neck, you don't see in Cayugas.
PXL_20210801_023426169.jpg

Here is my Cayuga
PXL_20210801_024505886.jpg

Is she in good health otherwise? eating ,drinking, pooping all normal?
What do you feed them? Maybe up the protein, some an see if that helps. Mealworms is a good choice.
All the birds eat, 17% layer pellets, lots of lettuce, peas, weeds, and so on. She’s just different some how

Her feathers are sun bleached. Duck feathers are primarily composed of the protein keratin which is a very photosensitive protein. When Photochemical impairment is induced by the sun's radiation it weakens and damages the keratin in the feathers. This damage shows by the lightening of the feathers similar. Notice how her feathers are also raggedy? Damaged/raggedy feathers imply that the strength of her feathers are weakened which means that the proteins are damaged since a duck feather as said above is primarily composed of protein. Damaged proteins will cause the feathers to be more prone to sun bleaching.
How can I get her more keratin? She eats 17% layer pellets along with lots of lettuce weeds peas and such

first pic is the hen in question, second and third picks are my other cayuga boys. She’s super different
18C9A396-F4C9-4790-9E24-00EFBF76F79C.jpeg
E2686F91-F556-4FB5-81F6-A34EED9FD13B.jpeg
7002AEA6-03D1-4A41-99DF-B0C77EFF7913.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom