What breed is she?

Sheets87

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 27, 2013
Texas
I've posted once before about my Dink-Dink when she was a chick. I picked her from the same bin as my two brown leghorn girls. Responses I received were telling me she looked like a Partridge Rock. This was not the case as she progressed into maturity and developed white earlobes, and laid her first egg; which was pure white. I'm just curious as to what breed she is, I've looked at picture after picture of white egg laying hens and I haven't came across a look-a-like. Your guesses and knowledge is much appreciated!

Thank you!
The Sheets Family

She is the one on the far left, as you can see she has similar markings to our brown leghorns; minus the redish chest.

I think that Dink-Dink is a hatchery-quality Light-Brown Leghorn or Leghorn mix, as no other breed of chicken lays white eggs, has white earlobes, and has the same general color pattern as a Light-Brown Leghorn. All of your birds are beautiful!

Thank you for the compliment! The partial group photo was when they were still young, have to get that updated ;) And the thought of her being a brown leghorn mix has crossed my mind; I just wasn't sure.

I third the hatchery brown leghorn, I've had brown leghorns from a couple of the big hatcheries and they mostly don't have as much or as dark a rose color on their chests as your one girl does in the picture.

Here is a picture I just took of her. She's in the middle, her brown leghorn sister, Pick, on the left and her Rhode Island Red sister, Lucy, on the right. Our other brown leghorn Peck didn't want to be in the family portrait.

Wow it really changed a lot from the second picture to the last picture or was that an older picture. It sure confused me as it is from the last picture a brown leghorn.

Wow it really changed a lot from the second picture to the last picture or was that an older picture. It sure confused me as it is from the last picture a brown leghorn.

The very first picture I posted is from a week ago, the second picture is from a few months ago when her comb was still small. The third (updated) picture is her currently at 7 months old. :) Hope that helps. Also (in the third pic) the sun was setting at just the right angle and makes her neck feathers glow brightly :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom