what breed is this baby?

I agree completely with the white-crested polish...also the bird appears to be a hen, so I agree there too. She is probably out of a hatchery or poor breeding line because her top hat is more black than white.

She is a loner. She has not associated me with food. Should I get special food or are the laying crumbles good? There are many bugs to eat and she gets free roam of a humongous yard.

Since they have limited vision, they sometimes are a bit skittish. I shake the treat can and everyone comes running, hold your have out to her when she is eating treats or something. Or if one of your other chickens are nice, pet that one around the polish so she knows she's ok.

It's possible to tame them. My polish demands I hold her by always pecking at my shoes. Lol

My 3 one year old hens are ver curious and friendly. Very social. If I try to sleep in on weekends they make a huge commotion and wake me up. The Americauna loves to be pet. The other 2 just love me for my watermelon.

My 3 one year old hens are ver curious and friendly. Very social. If I try to sleep in on weekends they make a huge commotion and wake me up. The Americauna loves to be pet. The other 2 just love me for my watermelon.

Your Ameraucana is an Easter egger. It is the one in the pic with the barred rocks and turkey right?

Yes. I was told that one was a Barred Rock and the other was a Dominique? I am totally new to the world of fowl. So much to learn.

Yes. I was told that one was a Barred Rock and the other was a Dominique? I am totally new to the world of fowl. So much to learn.

I can't see the combs well enough to tell if they are one or another. Barred rocks have single combs and Dominique's have rose combs. I thought it looked like they had single combs

Back
Top Bottom