What breed is this bantam?

Cosmickitty

In the Brooder
Nov 5, 2021
Texas, Coastal Bend
She(hopefully) is a month old. I was only told she’s a bantam. Her colors are so pretty but it doesn’t really match any breed I had researched

Attachments

• 7B937558-B0DA-4D1D-8A36-1FFA37F3F3A6.jpeg
    7B937558-B0DA-4D1D-8A36-1FFA37F3F3A6.jpeg
    682.4 KB · Views: 8
She(hopefully) is a month old. I was only told she’s a bantam. Her colors are so pretty but it doesn’t really match any breed I had researched
That chick might be some kind of Old English Game Bantam.

They come in many colors, and for some varieties the chick feathers look very different than the adult feathers. (For example, I've seen patterned ones that look almost solid-color when they mature, and solid-color ones that developed patterns later.)

I really hope not, she likes to be cuddled, sat in my arms yesterday till my arms got tired and I made her go back xD. I don’t think I could rehome
It's still early, it could be a girl yet. :] Unfortunately, it's best to not get attached until sex is confirmed if you live where roosters aren't allowed. Coddling roo-chicks can* backfire and get them too comfortable with you and those usually* turn into terrors that don't respect you.
*not always, as chickens are individuals but it seem to be a cause=affect in a large percentage of 'aggressive' roosters.

The developed comb is looking male. I've coddled all my boys and they still want to be coddled and kissed still after two years. Boys love attention and will sit with you. Ours constantly peck at our clothes or shoes asking to be held. Give the little one time to grow. Usually if the comb is coming in red, it's a boy. Peachy or pink is a girl. If you see any wattles coming in, its probably a boy.

Back
Top Bottom