What breed is this barred baby?

mphsgal

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 16, 2012
Nowhere can I find a pic of a bright yellow chick with black "chipmunk" striping, which is turning to black & white barring. Legs are orange, no feathering, 3 toes. No comb growth yet. It's a two-week-old "adopt me" from Meyer Hatchery. TIA!

It's a decoy! Agree that's not barring, but it sure fools a lot of folks. The bird is probably going to be a partridge type coloring. You'll have to post again when it's around 6 weeks and fully feathered.

Thanks. The legs are blue, not yellow (oops). If this is an EE it's probably the extra chick as I counted 15 EEs not including this one. Last order I only got 2 breeds, this time I counted 6 breeds in the 11 ADOPT-ME babies! Driving myself batty trying to figure them out LOL.

When you said blue legs, you had me thinking Fayoumis and maybe I was wrong about the barring...but the chicks don't look the same.

How cool with these adopt me packages, though, it could be literally anything!

they're purebreds. they're the late hatchers, when they clean out the incubators and had "leftovers" that just took a bit longer. You can get any breed of chicken, and I think ducks or turkeys, right? Straight run, of course, but the guess the breed game is a lot of fun. And you can get some pretty rare breeds for a low price....or you might get EE cockerels
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom