What Breed is this Duck?

When I bought them they were just babies, still fuzzy & had been pretty obviously neglected. All ages in the same box, bald babies... it was terrible. I think we came home with the last 2-3 boxes of em, lol.

Here's one of the drakes & then "waddles" who had a wry tail and walked more goofy than the other ducks!
DSCN0734.jpg

This head ^ belongs to this duckie below. it was quite a bit darker than the others.
DSCN0735.jpg

And here they are as babies a little bit after i got them(the runner was just a pic hog)
DSC09800.JPG

DSC09805.JPG

Hen & Drake in the foreground
DSCN1147.jpg

Last edited:
That is nice that you have a drake. Now you can breed Golden Cascade ducks. They are beautiful ducks. They also look quite happy. How many ducks do you currently have? Ironically I always thought you only had Muscovy ducks.

I actually do only have Muscovies now.. I had all these ones(in the pics) a few years ago but sold them all and have been only Muscovies since. I regret selling them now, they were very pretty and I have never seen anymore like them around here. It was just too much all at once, I think we had over 50 ducks and a ton more chcikens, lol. It was just too many different ones to be able to get them all seperated for breeding.

We had these goldens, Swedish, Runners, Calls, Muscovy & a couple hundred chickens
th.gif

I would like to find someone that breeds the Goldens(if thats what these are) and maybe get some more after I get a pen all built. These girls were really pretty quiet & the boys were fairly friendly.. probably the most friendly non-muscovy ducks I have ever had
sad.png

Last edited:
I have Saxonies and they are also very quiet. The boy loves to chat all day and he is very friendly too. What I really love is how laid back they are. They love to hang around with the dogs. The ducks run to the fence when the dogs are playing wild in the grass next to it. They usually have a big chat going and bet on which dogs wins the wild dog game. Really funny do watch. My ducks run to their shelter when the dogs have the alarm bark going. Or they all lay, including dogs, on the deck around doing nothing. They did that in summer. We also took the ducks with the dogs for a walk in our meadow. We have 22 acres so it is a pretty good walk for them. We have been keeping them with the dogs together since they hatched and they are all one big family. I'm sure you can get some Golden Cascade hatching eggs online.

Back
Top Bottom