What breed is this hen?

davi

Songster
Jun 26, 2012
I have a black hen that has silky feathers that shine in the sunlight. Her name is Naughty. By the way, she is very naughty. I guess thats just her chickenality??? Also, she has red cheeks and has a bright orange - red outline of her breast feathers, Here's her picture.

She's adorable in my opinon. Oh, I almost forgot. I have a second question, Naughty has been very VERY Naughty lately. She's been rather active and she tends to stay away and do her own thing away from the flock. She also reacts differently to shiny things than she used to. She digs gigantic holes so she could slip under the fence. She used to be different a few months ago. Also, she goes crazy about going outside. Its just strange, you know, about her behaviour? Why is she acting like this?

Last edited:
I'm assuming you mean 'what breed is this hen?" =) She looks like a Black Sex Link.

As for her behavior, I guess she just likes to 'free-range'. Perhaps try clipping her wings to keep her more confined.

No idea on her behavior, but she's lovely! What a pretty girl. Does she get picked on by any of your other chickens? How much space do they have? My aunt and uncle had a cat named No-No. I think Naughty is a cute name! Good luck.

Last edited:
Quote: Nope, she doesn't get picked on very much, but the others sometimes get upset about her and peck her sometimes. But its no big deal. Thanks for your help! My chickens have space for at least 7 chickens. Thier space is rather big. They have a 2 henhouses, one is small (where they grew up when they were chicks. ) and one is big ( where they sleep at night ). Still, Im going to expand thier space this week with stonger chainlink fencing. ( By the way, I'm still keeping the small one in case my chickens get sick and need to stay away from the others. )

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom