What breed is this mystery chicken?

SeasideSilkies

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
I got this girl from a poultry swap in an all female bin with black austrolorps, wyandottes, easter eggers, and barred rocks. Everyone said the baby picture looked like an easter egger but now she has a crest! I was wondering if she was a polish mix a silkie mix or a sultan mix? she has blueish feet and 4 toes.
87097_101_1518.jpg

87097_101_1520.jpg

andddd, I was also wondering about the gender on this barred rock. s/he is about 8 weeks old.
smile.png

87097_101_1522.jpg

i say you would hear him by now if he was a he.i heard my banny start crowing all day long across the yard at six or seven weeks. what a glorious sound!

Quote:
the BR is a pullet...the other looks like another post I just read.....she doesn't know what hers is either...beauty though!

Quote:
the BR is a pullet...the other looks like another post I just read.....she doesn't know what hers is either...beauty though!

I think your refering to me
big_smile.png
The first pic looks very similar to my pullet but mine doesnt have a top knot.... heres some pictures of mine, Im thinking she might be a bantam campine..

57908_image05292011111351.jpg

57908_imag0451.jpg

57908_imag0452.jpg

thanks everyone! very happy the the barred rock is a pullet.
wee.gif

The other chick does look a lot like that one except for her crest which is even bigger now... I'll have to google that breed.

Back
Top Bottom