What breed is this new hen?

TaylorChicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 6, 2013
I'm guessing EE, based in everything I've read here.

We added four new girls to our little flock.The friends we got the hens from said they were told two of them are Isa Browns. But these hens don't look like isa browns to me. They look just like many ee pics I've seen. Or Americauna...still not sure how to distinguish EE from Americauna. Anyway, please have peek for me! She does not lay green/blue eggs. I'm not 100% sure if she's laying at all, but I know she's not the one were getting green eggs from. We have 8 chickens. Four of them are six months old and the new four are 1 1/2 years. We have 5 chickens laying eggs.

They do not appear to be EEs, as EE's generally have pea combs, muffs and a beard, and bluish legs. Your hens just look like random mixed breed hens.

Okay! Thanks!

I have two others that have the pea comb, grey legs, and black with greenish feathers. This one is my EE, right? They both lay green eggs and were sold as "Americauna" at the feed store.
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Okay! Thanks!

I have two others that have the pea comb, grey legs, and black with greenish feathers. This one is my EE, right? They both lay green eggs and were sold as "Americauna" at the feed store.
[/URL]

Yes, this one appears to be an Easter Egger.

Back
Top Bottom