What Breed is this Pekin look-alike?

GoldyKai

Chirping
May 19, 2023
I temporarily took in a Pekin from my park to treat it for bumblefoot, but his flock mates disappeared so I was looking for a new park to relocate him in. I saw these guys and thought: Oh, well this is perfect. Upon closer inspection, I noticed they aren’t Pekins. XD What are they? Also, any tips on what should I do with my Pekin now?

Attachments

• A447BD10-79F7-465E-943C-E3F011DF986E.jpeg
    A447BD10-79F7-465E-943C-E3F011DF986E.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 29
Huh, I didn’t know there were physical differences between the two. Thanks!

I see a knob at the top of the bill. Some kinds of geese have that, but I do not know of any kind of duck that does.

@Miss Lydia are there any ducks that look like the bird in the first post? I know you are better with ducks than I am :)

No there are not that is a Chinese goose that has been dumped. :(
@GoldyKai please find a safe home for this Pekin if you can't keep him/her full time.
What you did to treat this bumble foot is so awesome but putting him back at any park means his life is in danger. So many things out there to take his life and he has no defense.

We also have a state forum where you cn reach other to other members who have ducks that may be interested.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/find-your-states-or-your-countrys-thread.270925/

No there are not that is a Chinese goose that has been dumped. :(
@GoldyKai please find a safe home for this Pekin if you can't keep him/her full time.
What you did to treat this bumble foot is so awesome but putting him back at any park means his life is in danger. So many things out there to take his life and he has no defense.

We also have a state forum where you cn reach other to other members who have ducks that may be interested.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/find-your-states-or-your-countrys-thread.270925/
Thank you very much for your help and advice, I will most certainly look there for someone to take good care of him. :)

Back
Top Bottom