What breed is this please?

Molly777

Hatching
Jun 2, 2020
Hello, All. I'm new to raising chickens. So far, so good but I'm wondering if someone would tell me what breed of chicken I have here. I just think she's beautiful! I named her CoqAuVin, lol. Thanks!
20200602_131428.jpg

Where did you get her and what type of comb does she have?

She looks like a light Brahma but has some extra color to her, and not quite the right amount of feathers on those feet.

At a glance it does sort of look like a buff Brahma, but the patterns on her feathers sort of take it away... Where did you get them? My guess, if you didn't buy at a store or hatchery, would be a barnyard mix possibly? I actually hatch barnyard mixes and sometimes get an easter egger that looks just like this! (Easter egg since mom was an EE and dad was a buff Brahma). But otherwise I'd think it to be a buff Brahma.

At a glance it does sort of look like a buff Brahma, but the patterns on her feathers sort of take it away... Where did you get them? My guess, if you didn't buy at a store or hatchery, would be a barnyard mix possibly? I actually hatch barnyard mixes and sometimes get an easter egger that looks just like this! (Easter egg since mom was an EE and dad was a buff Brahma). But otherwise I'd think it to be a buff Brahma.
Thanks. I have 10 chicks, 3 look similar to this one, they all came from Hoover's Hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom