What breed is this pullet?

Lucyluvchickens

Chirping
Jan 27, 2017
Dripping Springs, Texas
Hey guys! I got this pullet about a month ago, and the guy at the feed store said that she was an Americana. Now seance she is feathered. She doesn't look like an Americana at all. Is this just me? Is she some sort of Campine chicken or something?
Here are some photos, thanks guys.
Hold on a sec let me get them
1f602.png

She's an Easter Egger. The vast majority of birds sold as Ameraucana are actually misrepresented Easter Eggers. The easiest way to know the difference when looking at those adorable chicks at the feed store is color. Ameraucana always have a color/variety specified, and they cost a whole lot more than the average chick. Easter Eggers that have been mislabeled/misadvertised as Ameraucana never have a specific color/variety mentioned, and they cost about as much as any other breed commonly found at feed stores. Think about. You don't buy an Orpington, you get a BUFF Orpington. You don't buy a Plymouth Rock, you get a White Rock or a Barred Rock. It's the same with true Ameraucana.

She's an Easter Egger. The vast majority of birds sold as Ameraucana are actually misrepresented Easter Eggers. The easiest way to know the difference when looking at those adorable chicks at the feed store is color. Ameraucana always have a color/variety specified, and they cost a whole lot more than the average chick. Easter Eggers that have been mislabeled/misadvertised as Ameraucana never have a specific color/variety mentioned, and they cost about as much as any other breed commonly found at feed stores. Think about. You don't buy an Orpington, you get a BUFF Orpington. You don't buy a Plymouth Rock, you get a White Rock or a Barred Rock. It's the same with true Ameraucana.

Your probably right, but she doesn't really have muffs or anything

Back
Top Bottom