What breed is this Rooster? Ameracauna?

He definitely is beautiful. That comb is all wrong for ameraucana. I wouldn't breed him with your ameraucana hens. Unless they are easter eggers as well.

No need to use a rooster for breeding if he has a bad attitude
wink.png

This x1000

Find a sweet roo to breed if you want babies. Temperment can be passed on, why start out with poor stock?

This x1000

Find a sweet roo to breed if you want babies. Temperment can be passed on, why start out with poor stock?

My thoughts exactly. You can find folks in your area on the Where am I/Where are You? board and may be able to get a pretty, sweet roo from someone that way. Heck, you might even be able to find a real Ameraucana! (which will pass the blue egg gene that this guy might not have)

Easter Egger, and if he is mean I would eat him. Better to have a nicer roo, who can pass his better temperment on. And if you love the feathers, just try to collect them after you have butchered him. They would make a pretty decoration without having to deal with his bad attitude.

What you have there is a Splash Easter Egger. He doesn't have a lot of Americauna/Aracuana/Americana in him,as can be evidenced by the single comb and lack of promenit beard and tuft. Should have a rose comb ! He carries a "Color Gene" and will aid in production of colored egg offspring.

Back
Top Bottom