What breed is this Rooster?

Daniel03

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2017
Hi,

I am very curious to find out what breed my rooster 'Spartacus' is a combination of. He appears to be a frizzle, exhibiting green feathers on his sides, orange/red feathers around his neck and long black/dark green tail feathers. He also has a small amount of black feathers on his feet which might indicate a bantam of some form.

I have successfully hatched an egg from a Black Australorp in his flock, that i can guarantee he is the 'father' of, and this chick i can already determine as a frizzle. I am interested to know the breed of the rooster as it can help me identify what breed mix the chick will grow up to be.

Any questions feel free to ask
Thank you.

What things do you think point towards a silkie? Very interested to know. Would love for him to be part silkie :)

Can confirm he has 5 toes. Very excited. Wonder what he is crossed with though. The colouring is interesting.

the color is partridge
also silkie have blue earlobes. Here is a partridge silkie roo

Hello. This is my first post as well as my first time having my own chicks as an adult. I have 8 chicks, 7 of which our barred rocks that are supposed to be pullets and I'm not sure they all our. The last chick I have no clue on what gender or breed it is as I received it from church's preschool program. Can anyone help me out? I'm very excited to start this journey and my children are as well! Thanks in advance.
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom