What breed is this Rooster??

May 31, 2019
I posted him on The Leghorn Club UK Confirmed he's a Red and Blue Leghorn extremely rare in Florida everything about him is perfect to there standards no faults but what do you think what breed he is?? Would it be alright to introduce him with 3 older roosters all around 1-2 years old? 7 months old looking at him owner got him from Tractor Supply as a chick. Thank you Emily 😊

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1692125460543.jpg
    FB_IMG_1692125460543.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 57
I've never raised them, but Leghorns in general are a bit skittish and flighty. They are above all great layers that is known for producing a lot of eggs on less feed than larger breeds.

Whether it is worth getting Leghorn hens is up to you, and you have to consider what you want. He's a beautiful rooster, but I personally wouldn't say he's a perfect representation of the Leghorn standard, and there is no color standard in America for that color variety. If you like his look and want to breed more like him, go for it, but I wouldn't count on winning awards at poultry shows with birds bred from him.

I've never raised them, but Leghorns in general are a bit skittish and flighty. They are above all great layers that is known for producing a lot of eggs on less feed than larger breeds.

Whether it is worth getting Leghorn hens is up to you, and you have to consider what you want. He's a beautiful rooster, but I personally wouldn't say he's a perfect representation of the Leghorn standard, and there is no color standard in America for that color variety. If you like his look and want to breed more like him, go for it, but I wouldn't count on winning awards at poultry shows with birds bred from him.
@JedJackson The Leghorn Club UK said he was British color standard and said he is perfect body and everything I would think they would be a hit for selling?

@JedJackson The Leghorn Club UK said he was British color standard and said he is perfect body and everything I would think they would be a hit for selling?
Only if people are interested in that breed and that color. I could have a perfect example of any breed for sale, but if people aren't interested in the breed, I won't make much at all

Back
Top Bottom