1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Breed is this Rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by adriayna, Oct 20, 2012.

1. adriayna

adriayna New Egg

Oct 19, 2012
    Here's my second post! We purchased four chickens. Then a few weeks ago, this guy, who has been kicked out of my neighbor's flock, shows up. He's strutting his stuff around. He's generally a very nice rooster. He has some feathers on his feet (but only a few). He's small--he's smaller than my 13 1/2 week old standard size chickens (australorp and silver laced wyondotte) but not as small as my two bantams (easter egger and barred plymouth rock).

What kind of rooster do you think he is?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    He's beautiful! I hope you keep him. I think he's an Antwerp Bantam cross (small type), maybe wheaten colored.

3. adriayna

adriayna New Egg

Oct 19, 2012
    I hope to keep him too! My girls are getting used to him being around. I am hoping he'll go into the coop one evening (they free range during the day). I could have locked him in today, but I'm not sure the girls are ready for him full time yet. He wakes me up in the morning so that I can go let the girls out for him, haha!

4. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by