what breed is this rooster?

cdelaney1

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 16, 2014

I know ive been posting alot just trying to find out some of what I have this is the father of one of my roosters but I dont know the breedx any ideas?

There appears to be a a barring gene there but with red instead of black, so I'm going to guess legbar x RIR or production red. As much as anything, I'm going for that because I have 2x 4 week old chicks of this breeding and from the way they are feathering in, I can imagine them ending up looking very similar. I'll let you know in 20 weeks or so when they are full grown.
Howfunky' is right though, he is very handsome.

Regards

Barbara

welcome-byc.gif

He's a mixed breed bird. Likely a mix of something red with a barred Rock. I don't see any Legbar there, he's smooth headed and looks to have dual purpose heritage, not Leghorn.

Red sex link roosters are solid white with red wings. No barring. You may be thinking of a black sex link rooster, which is black and white barred.

I have to disagree with everyone here... Looks like a cream legbar mix. I definitely see the cream legbar in there, but some characteristics such as white earlobes are missing. That's why I say it's a cream legbar cross.

Quote:

I think you will find that I already suggested it was a legbar cross.
Hopefully you and I can therefore agree on this
wink.png
even if others don't.

Regards

Barbara

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom