What breed is this?

elmoflim

Songster
5 Years
Mar 12, 2015
Simpsonville
I got these two from a friend who got it from a friend, but what they told me doesn't seem right. They also told me she lays big green eggs, but she lays pretty powder blue eggs. I wish I could get a closer look, but they're very skittish.

Last edited:
Expecting blue eggs from Am though... maybe EE, or I don't know if greenish is an accepted color.

My daughter and I don't see the same color. Where I see blue, she sees green... So maybe they same for y'all.
tongue.png

Well, @elmoflim said she lays powder blue eggs, so I think there is a good chance this is a pair of blue Ameraucana. Surprising, though. Pretty birds!

They said Easter egger, but to me they look like blue ameraucanas. They also act different and look different from my Easter eggers

My Ameraucana don't act the same as my EE either.
smile.png
They usually seem more laid back and confident with the ones I've had so far, which is 3 Am & 5 EE. Hope to get some more Am in the future... Blue is my favorite color.
love.gif

Are those actually your blues in the last pic and my eyes are deceiving me into thinking they are a beautiful chocolate color? And I might need some of them too!
hide.gif
big_smile.png

It's a pair of blue Ameraucana. The egg color of an Ameraucana should always be in the blue family, some darker, some lighter, but always blue. I used to breed them, still have a black hen and a splash hen who are 9 years old now.

They're probably Blue Ameraucanas, since they lay pure blue eggs. If the hen laid greenish eggs, they would be Easter Eggers that look a lot like the true Ameraucana.

They're probably Blue Ameraucanas, since they lay pure blue eggs. If the hen laid greenish eggs, they would be Easter Eggers that look a lot like the true Ameraucana.

The thing is that a blue egg can sometimes show a greenish cast to it, but it is still blue. Some Ameraucanas need egg color improvement, but if they breed true and lay an egg somewhere in the blue family, you can call them Ameraucanas. Now, they may not be top quality ones as that will vary, certainly. Enjoy them! I will miss my girls when they're gone, they're so super sweet.

Back
Top Bottom