What breed is this?

CaptainCrunch

In the Brooder
Nov 21, 2017
Meet Bert.
We got him as a day old "Gold Laced Wyandotte" chick, but his colouring is so different to his siblings, that we thought he may be something else...?
Opinions?

Attachments

• IMG_8393.PNG
    IMG_8393.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 34
She has Ameraucana body colors but her head is like an Australops. I have 6 Ameraucanas and two have a dark head and neck but the colors blend naturally, yours is like two chicken types in one....not trying to insult you or your chicken :) I am almost inclined to say she's a mix. But looking closer she has some brown on her neck... so maybe she's not a mix. Her body colors are definitely Ameraucana... I think :)

I
She has Ameraucana body colors but her head is like an Australops. I have 6 Ameraucanas and two have a dark head and neck but the colors blend naturally, yours is like two chicken types in one....not trying to insult you or your chicken :) I am almost inclined to say she's a mix. But looking closer she has some brown on her neck... so maybe she's not a mix. Her body colors are definitely Ameraucana... I think :)
Interesting, i never considered Ameraucanas, do you think its a pullet or cockerel?
Either way, its a beautiful bird and has a great temperament so far

I wouldn't be able to tell from here but usually roosters start getting bigger then all their other buddies after about 1-2 months. You'll know soon enough if he starts calling ;) and you're right, she is beautiful... Wyandotte or otherwise. Since the seller was selling Wyandotte, I agree with the rest of the beautiful people on the thread that she just might be a Wyandotte mix.8 It is possible some other rooster jumped the fence... who knows.

Back
Top Bottom