Songster
Sep 28, 2018
Hudsonville, MI
What breed is this rooster?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    648.4 KB · Views: 57
He looks like a mix. The hens, though, are very common breeds; Golden Laced wyandotte, black australorp, spash ameracauna (guess), and the white one may be a leghorn but I'll need a clearer picture. It looks kind of like a duck.
I knew that they were golden wyandottes and australorps. And I'm guessing the white one with black spots is the spash ameracauna you guessed. The all white one is a duck lol not a chicken! :)

Agree with @sourland; a mixed breed, and a handsome chap. To make an accurate assessment of the hens, better pictures will be necessary; the black one may be an Australorp, but there are several other possibilities. The middle is gold-laced, though breed is impossible to judge. The white/black hen is Paint, single-factor Dominant White. She is not Splash; they are quite different. She may be an Ameraucana or a mixed-breed of some form.

Agree with @sourland; a mixed breed, and a handsome chap. To make an accurate assessment of the hens, better pictures will be necessary; the black one may be an Australorp, but there are several other possibilities. The middle is gold-laced, though breed is impossible to judge. The white/black hen is Paint, single-factor Dominant White. She is not Splash; they are quite different. She may be an Ameraucana or a mixed-breed of some form.
I'll get some better pics tomorrow because it's going to get dark outside soon.

Back
Top Bottom