What breed is this?

mountaineermomma

In the Brooder
Sep 16, 2018
I acquired three hens from a friend who is moving and not able to take her girls. She told me this one was a lavender Orpington but she does not look like the one I have or ones I have had in the past. Any suggestions on what breed she might be?

Attachments

• 305085EA-07D6-4E5F-A262-71BCE843B7D5.jpeg
    305085EA-07D6-4E5F-A262-71BCE843B7D5.jpeg
    663.1 KB · Views: 20
Not lavender. Color is probably splash, which is two copies of the gene for blue (different gene than lavender.)

Whether it's an orpington--maybe? It at least appears to have the right kind of comb (single) and leg color (white). :idunno

The color is Splash. She has pretty substantial feather stubs on her legs. I would look her over very closely for mites or lice. I think after some good feed, a nice molt, and some sun we'll be better able to tell what her breed (or mix most likely) that she is.

I acquired three hens from a friend who is moving and not able to take her girls. She told me this one was a lavender Orpington but she does not look like the one I have or ones I have had in the past. Any suggestions on what breed she might be?
I've got 2 bantams like her, 1 with clean legs & the other feathered. A Splash for sure.

Back
Top Bottom