What breed is this?

Ancient

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2020
Hi all, I'm new here. While I've been raising chickens,ducks and peacocks for a while I got some new friends today. From what the man told me(which wasnt much), these turkeys are a heritage breed and approx 4 months old. That's all I know. I was hoping someone would be able to tell what kind they are from the picture. Or maybe they are mutts I have no idea. I am pretty excited to be getting into the world of turkeys lol.

Attachments

• 20200121_122204.jpg
    20200121_122204.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 15
Hi all, I'm new here. While I've been raising chickens,ducks and peacocks for a while I got some new friends today. From what the man told me(which wasn't much), these turkeys are a heritage breed and approx 4 months old. That's all I know. I was hoping someone would be able to tell what kind they are from the picture. Or maybe they are mutts I have no idea. I am pretty excited to be getting into the world of turkeys lol.
All domestic turkeys are the breed Turkey. Better photos are needed to determine which variety they are. The wing feathers resemble a Bronze turkey but the picture makes it look like they are Black turkeys. If they are indeed black, they most likely are Barred Blacks.

I would guess them to be closer to 6 months old rather than 4 months old.

I recommend getting additional hens as having a tom with just one hen can be pretty hard on the hen.

Back
Top Bottom