What breed is this?

LovesteadMama

Chirping
Apr 8, 2021
Any guesses on what the breeds of these 3 turkeys are?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210416-132108(1).png
    Screenshot_20210416-132108(1).png
    934.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20210416-132042(1).png
    Screenshot_20210416-132042(1).png
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
I don't know much about turkey breeds, but the coloring is similar to the wild cross we had. If they are to big to fly I believe Broad Breasted Bronze may have a similar coloring.

Any guesses on what the breeds of these 3 turkeys are?
The breed is the same for all of them. All domestic turkeys are the breed Turkey.

The variety of the one in the first pic is not a Rusty Slate (no black dotting on the feathers). It may be a Rusty Lavender aka Rusty Self Blue.

The top one in the second pic appears to be the variety Red Bronze and the lower hen appears to the variety Golden Narragansett.

The breed is the same for all of them. All domestic turkeys are the breed Turkey.

The variety of the one in the first pic is not a Rusty Slate (no black dotting on the feathers). It may be a Rusty Lavender aka Rusty Self Blue.

The top one in the second pic appears to be the variety Red Bronze and the lower hen appears to the variety Golden Narragansett.
You're right! I just noticed the initial coloration looked a lot like my rusty slate hen, totally didn't notice the lack of spotting. My bad!

Thank you! I'm still learning the terminology.

I don't know much about turkey breeds, but the coloring is similar to the wild cross we had. If they are to big to fly I believe Broad Breasted Bronze may have a similar coloring.
Oh man I have seen them glide pretty far and high

Guys, gals, I found out what varieties they are. I never would have guessed. The toms are blue slate/ royal palm cross. The hen is blue slate/ red bourbon cross. They're just gorgeous birds, especially the hen!

Guys, gals, I found out what varieties they are. I never would have guessed. The toms are blue slate/ royal palm cross. The hen is blue slate/ red bourbon cross. They're just gorgeous birds, especially the hen!
Whoever told you that is wrong.

The first tom is probably a cross between a Bourbon Red and a Self Blue. He definitely does not have any Royal Palm in his parentage.

The second tom is a Red Bronze and could be a cross between a Royal Palm and a Bourbon Red. He definitely does not have any Blue Slate parentage.

The hen is most likely a cross between a Royal Palm tom and a Bourbon Red hen.

There is no way that the hen is a Blue Slate/Bourbon Red cross.

Whoever told you that is wrong.

The first tom is probably a cross between a Bourbon Red and a Self Blue. He definitely does not have any Royal Palm in his parentage.

The second tom is a Red Bronze and could be a cross between a Royal Palm and a Bourbon Red. He definitely does not have any Blue Slate parentage.

The hen is most likely a cross between a Royal Palm tom and a Bourbon Red hen.

There is no way that the hen is a Blue Slate/Bourbon Red cross.
The owner of the turkeys told me that. She said the toms have same father different mothers and the hen is entirely unrelated. She says the toms are blue slate/royal palm and the hen is blue slate/red bourbon. I do agree that the hen looks more like royal palm than any of them!

Back
Top Bottom