1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Breed is this?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by NYGirl89, Aug 23, 2011.

1. NYGirl89

NYGirl89 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2011
    I've been checking out your website for sometime now, I enjoy it a lot. There's a lot of good information for newbies like myself [​IMG]!!

I got 3 ducks from a local farmer about 3 weeks ago.. He said that they were muscovy mixes.. So i guess he means their hinnies or mule ducks.. The Black & White is very tiny, (s)he is about half the size of the others. One of the white ones is considerably bigger than the other white one..

[​IMG]

2. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    young muscovy ducks

3. NajmoNests

NajmoNests Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2010
    E. Central, MN
    Lovely looking trio. NY gal [​IMG]

4. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    They look like muscovy ducks to me [​IMG]
    I personally don't know how to tell if they are mules or not. I have heard that even the mule muscovies look like muscovy. I'm sure there are certian features you can look for, but I just don't know them.

5. NYGirl89

Aug 22, 2011
    Thanks [​IMG], I enjoy having them... We had little trouble with the biggest white 1.. The others kept picking on Her/Him. I would look out and (s)he would have blood next to her wings. I would get the bleeding to spot and put flour on it and they would eat the flour off of her. So we've separated them for a couple of days. Hopefully by tomorrow we can reunite them again and they'll be the best of friends..

Do you think their pure muscovies?

6. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Yep. Muscovys. And I like you username NYGirl89 did you see mine? Io (winkwink)

7. NYGirl89

Aug 22, 2011
    Quote:Cool, i wonder how big their going to get.. By any chance would you happen to know their sexes? I'm thinking 2 girls and a boy.

I like your username [​IMG] What kind of ducks do you have??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by