What breed is this?

Skye727

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 20, 2014
Sandy, oregon

She's very little and still peeping so still young. Her brothers had their tails in the air. She is very cuddly!

The comb is pink. I have no idea how old it is. The ones in the pen with her were crowing loudly and had huge combs. So I figured it's a girl. The boys looked like Seramas. Someone told me it's on a Serama. She is the size of one. She is a little smaller than my bantam cochin.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what it is, but it's not a Serama, they have a very upright build and downswept wings. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's a little cockerel.

I know a lot of Serama people in the PNW. Where did you buy her? She looks like a female Serama to me. :) I have quite a few and have hatched and raised them. How long have you had her. Mine will put their tail down like that when they are sad or stressed. I was thinking if you just got her, she might be a bit stressed.

(Edited) I just saw your other post about if she is sick. :) I would say she is likely stressed because of her new environment. If you can offer her some vitamins and electrolytes, that will help her through. If you have a FB Page, you should join the group "Serama", it has a lot of people in the PNW. It's a great group to learn more about the breed.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what it is, but it's not a Serama, they have a very upright build and downswept wings. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's a little cockerel.

Yes, you are right but there are two classifications, if you will, of Seramas now. Malaysian Seramas and American Seramas. The Malaysian ones are very extreme in their look, as you describe. The American ones tend to have softer lines. Actually, I just googled to find and example and found a thread on here that can help describe. :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/570500/american-or-malaysian-serama

This little gal has her tail down because she is stressed by her new environment. Once she is feeling better and perks up, her tail will go up, just not likely in an extreme way. :)

The only two breeds that I am aware of with that particular color pattern and those bare yellow legs are Mille Fleur Seramas and Mille Fleur Leghorns, and it's not a Mille Fleur Leghorn, so I think that it's likely a Mille Fleur Serama pullet. Her lack of normal Serama posture probably is caused by stress.

Back
Top Bottom