What breed is this?

danawhatley90

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 23, 2014
Alabama

This hen is about 17 weeks old and fairly large. She was hatched in with 5 polish mixed eggs, one is in thepicture with her.
What do you think she is?

Last edited:
Do you think that she could be a Sex Link mix? I have been looking at many different breeds and I think this is about as close as I could find... Do you agree?

Looks like a Black Sex-link to me, though it is possible that she is just a random barnyard mix. Pretty hen!

looks like it has black feet and feathers like an Easter egger. so half Easter egger maybe.
big_smile.png

She does not have any feathers on her feet. Her feet are a dark grey though... Don't know if that means anything. She has finally become pretty. She was my ugly one for a long time and all of a sudden she is getting red in her comb and her feathers are becoming prettier! She is also my largest hen! She is as large as my cat! Lol :)

Thank y'all for the input. I like to learn more about my birds!

She looks to have a straight comb, so that cuts the chance of blue or green eggs down quite a bit.

If she came in mixed breed eggs, my guess is she's a mixed breed hen. Could theoretically be a sex link, but then again sex links are really mixed breed birds, just mixed with a purpose. Any way, she's a pretty hen who looks like she should be a nice layer of brown eggs.

Back
Top Bottom