What breed lays the BLUEST egg?

Oh wow. First time I had heard or seen them. They are pretty birds Though. I just saw a thread where somebody got theirs at my pet chickens.com but that was two years ago. I got one Easter egger but she has not gifted me an egg yet otherwise I would post it.

No, these:
https://chickenfanatics.com/sapphire/
I thought it was My Pet Chicken that sold them but when I went to their website I couldn't find them. I was thinking I saw them on a popular hatchery website and it was the hatchery's creation.

You may have to breed yourself by crossing to make hybrid breed with Cream Legbar and White Leghorn. Note they do not breed true. If cross two sapphires get 75% blue and 25% white. Taking a chance here too. Did you check out the admin on site in Coreta Oklahoma who is NPIP certified to ship eggs and chicks. He might be able to help you out. I would reply to him on the site to see if he can send you some or just try breeding. Good Luck! Definately a pretty blue egg. I looked at other Hatcheries and can’t find one that sells the Sapphire Hybrid, just the ones I mentioned previous mostly the standard breeds.

I have an EE, ameraucana/brown leghorn cross. Her egg looks like this:
View attachment 1508588
Unfortunately they seem to be getting lighter with age. I know that is just something that happens with all breeds, though.

What I'm really looking for is this, the first color listed on the chart:
View attachment 1508594
Even though this is an araucana chart the pictures I've seen from araucana breeders don't even come close to this.
Trish, that is by far the bluest egg I have seen anyone post yet...people always post these light mint green eggs and call them blue. I guess with Easter Eggers you get what you get, no promise of a really blue egg, which has always been my goal. I have egg-envy!

Sorry at a loss. TSC does Sapphire gems but again lay large brown eggs from blue hen. I will be on the lookout for a Hatchery that fits the description.
Hoover's I believed sold to TSC they ate the only ones on here and checking out hatcheries that ive been able to find them other than that it's an eastern European hybrid supposed to lay well on a nothing diet. Basicly made to export to impoverished and arid regions

F1 Easter Egger egg
BACFC7FB-D2E6-4A40-88AE-5879141B55E7.jpeg
F1 Easter Egger egg on the left and a true Ameraucana egg on the right
81334C28-5757-40FA-8539-D157FD429CDE.jpeg
The right egg is from my F1 Easter Egger hen and the other 2 are from my Ameraucana pullets
BC071CF0-47F0-471E-A0D1-CA5A5A2F03B3.jpeg
8D0BE794-94D7-4128-8311-E502E1CB11E8.jpeg

I have an EE, ameraucana/brown leghorn cross. Her egg looks like this:
View attachment 1508588
Unfortunately they seem to be getting lighter with age. I know that is just something that happens with all breeds, though.

What I'm really looking for is this, the first color listed on the chart:
View attachment 1508594
Even though this is an araucana chart the pictures I've seen from araucana breeders don't even come close to this.
This is a very old post, but I'm a relatively new breeder of Araucana (1.5 years) and I get egg colors from the top row (usually 7 - 8) on a regular basis. I can send pics if you'd like. :)

Back
Top Bottom