What breed might this pretty girl be?

heather75

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 15, 2012
PA
Back in the beginning of summer I ordered an assortment of "rare breeds" from Meyer Hatchery and she is the only one we that we still need to figure out what breed she is. I'll try to include a picture of her comb but she has a V-shaped ( I think?) comb. She is quiet and calm but doesn't really enjoy being held. We just adore her and would love to know what breed she is.

She is the brown chicken in the background. Her name is "Tulip".

Here is the best picture of her comb that I have.

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited:
Yeah she reminds me of a Buttercup too, and I am pretty sure they are sold at that hatchery.

Here are some pictures I found of them.
buttercup.jpg

d416171e_Buttercup2.jpeg

Receive a mixture of Rare Breeds at a fraction of the cost. You will have at least three (3), our choice, in any combination of rare egg layers in the catalog. Assortment is hatchery choice. Of course we always try to include as many breeds as possible! Possible breeds include: Ancona, Easter Egger, Andalusian, Wyandotte, Dark Cornish, Delaware, Dominique, Jersey Giant, Brahma, Partridge Rock, Light Brown Leghorn, Hamburg, Sussex, German Spitzhauben Appenzeller, Buckeye, Sumatra, Cochin, Polish, Marans, Campine, Lakenvelder, Faverolles, Buttercup, Welsummer, Exchequer Leghorn, Sultan, or Penedesenca.

I am pretty sure thats what she is, your really lucky she is gorgeous.

Last edited:
Thank you so much! She is a really beautiful chicken. My 8 year old daughter has claimed her for her own.
tongue.png

I am blown away by the pictures of Buttercup hen. I'm sure that's what she is now that I've seen them. I really appreciate everyone's help and opinions! This is our first flock and we are learning as we go.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom