What breed mix is she?

Jun 7, 2020
NSW, Australia
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can offer any ideas on the breed mix of our girl Henny Penny. She is at least 2 years old since we have had her for almost that long and got her as a fully grown bird.

I know she is part silkie (blue ears, 5 toes), but am super interested to know what other breed/s she has in her?

Any help/suggestions much appreciated. She is a bantam sized bird.

Attachments

• Henny_Penny__August21_1.jpg
    Henny_Penny__August21_1.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Henny_Penny__August21_2.jpg
    Henny_Penny__August21_2.jpg
    680.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Henny_Penny__August21_3.jpg
    Henny_Penny__August21_3.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Henny_Penny__August21_4.jpg
    Henny_Penny__August21_4.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 7
She looks like what is known as a "Gold Top" in Great Britain. Not sure if they are a known hybrid in Australia, too. They are an intentional hybrid between a silkie and a light sussex.
They come in a bantam version, too
Photo from the internet
View attachment 2784982
That's an excellent point! I would bet on this!

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can offer any ideas on the breed mix of our girl Henny Penny. She is at least 2 years old since we have had her for almost that long and got her as a fully grown bird.

I know she is part silkie (blue ears, 5 toes), but am super interested to know what other breed/s she has in her?

Hi all,

I have a hen named Henny Penny too!!

Back
Top Bottom