What breed of Bantam?

Barkbark

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2020
Hello Everyone!
I was hesitant to jump on the Bantam Badwagon, but this little guy or gal was the very last one at Rural King. So naturally it made its way home with me and my other chicks. Does anyone have any clue what breed of Bantam it is? It is smooth feathered whereas other Bantam chicks I’ve seen are fluff balls like their normal size counterparts. No feathers on the feet. Any input is appreciated!

Attachments

• 54AE198F-ED1C-4417-9B12-2857663D4296.jpeg
    54AE198F-ED1C-4417-9B12-2857663D4296.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 8
  • A23F24A7-7DFB-4A20-882D-86B0CAF94E2C.jpeg
    A23F24A7-7DFB-4A20-882D-86B0CAF94E2C.jpeg
    740 KB · Views: 7
Looks a lot like one of my chicks did when we got it - I suspect mine is a red pyle OEGB. It has cream colored down, faint yellow stripes down back, yellower towards it's forehead... feathers coming in so far are cream/pale yellowish. My chick is super tiny... we got it along with a cochin bantam and some polish bantams and it's about half their size, but more feathered and about 5x as feisty.

Sorry that's just a guess - it's fun sometimes just figuring out what you've got though. I have six more assorted bantams coming tomorrow along with some others that should be easier to figure out.

Looks a lot like one of my chicks did when we got it - I suspect mine is a red pyle OEGB. It has cream colored down, faint yellow stripes down back, yellower towards it's forehead... feathers coming in so far are cream/pale yellowish. My chick is super tiny... we got it along with a cochin bantam and some polish bantams and it's about half their size, but more feathered and about 5x as feisty.

Sorry that's just a guess - it's fun sometimes just figuring out what you've got though. I have six more assorted bantams coming tomorrow along with some others that should be easier to figure out.
Are you restocking your bantam coop?

We fell prey to some TSC assorted bantam chicks while waiting for our hatchery order (20 total).. so yeah, we are :)

We were planning on doing this prior to the covid lockdown - the kids are glad to have something to do since they've been off since spring break, and we're going to end up with THE most spoiled chickens ever with as much time as we get to spend with them now.

You could be right!! The coloring is definitely there. I can’t wait to watch this little guy/gal grow. It’s soooo tiny compared to my others but definitely holds its own!

Back
Top Bottom