What breed of chicken is this?

I am afraid I am going to have to agree that you have two roosters there. Buff orpington hens have almost no comb and wattle to speak of, and their shape is different.

All of the BOs in question here look like roosters to me
hide.gif

It could be just a leggy hen but I think its body might be filled out a little more if it was a hen..

Cross your fingers!
fl.gif

Ok so im new to this as well and have several questions: First off let me tell you this.. I know NOTHING about chicks, chickens, or roasters...

1st question i have chicks that were projects at out country highschool that was giving them away so we took 15 of them.. they are 2 weeks old now, and so cute.. but how do i tell which is a hen or a roaster..

2. i have 2 yellow chicks, is that good cuz i dont see any yellow ones online

thanks

Ok so im new to this as well and have several questions: First off let me tell you this.. I know NOTHING about chicks, chickens, or roasters...

1st question i have chicks that were projects at out country highschool that was giving them away so we took 15 of them.. they are 2 weeks old now, and so cute.. but how do i tell which is a hen or a roaster..

2. i have 2 yellow chicks, is that good cuz i dont see any yellow ones online

thanks
You probably won't be able to tell until they are older

Well rooster's comb and wattles start growing before hens and are red even when they are little. But hens could look like roosters, but you won't know for sure until they start laying..

Here is the one that was thought to be a roo until she started laying eggs.

Here is her son at 4 ish weeks old (well I think he is a rooster, but could be a hen I guess)

Back
Top Bottom