What Breed of Chickens Do You Have?

What breed of chickens do you have?

• Total voters
Pics
Hey everyone! Thought I would do a poll to see what breed is most popular.
We've had Australorps, Barred Rock, Rhode Island Reds, and Buff Orpingtons. They've all been great layers, but our hands-down favorites are the Orpingtons. Why? Their friendly and inquisitive personalities, hardiness and ability to deal with harsh winters, the excellent quality of their jumbo-sized, delicious eggs, and, best of all, they are beauties--My Golden Girls--Dotty, Blanch, Rosie, and Sofia!

Australorp, Easter Egger, Wyandotte, Brahma, Orpington, Dominique. Rhode Island Red and Black Sex-link in the incubator.

CCL/BCM Cross, Buff Orpington, Barred Rock, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Easter Egger, Silkie, Bantam Cochin, Midnight Majesty Marans (Hatchery Marans Blend for Dark Eggs), Calico Princess, Starlight Green Egger, OEGB, Pyncheon, Booted Bantam, Polish, Spitzhauben, Crested Cream Legbar, Dutch Bantams, Serama, Svart Hona, Silverudd's Blue, Naked Neck/Cochin Cross

Side note: I copied my breeds list from my signature. Sadly I lost my beloved Buff Orpington this past week but haven't had the heart to alter this

We have one white lohman and 4 hedemoras(swedish breed). We have had many breeds during the years and many mixed hens. The last 5 years we have had only white lohman.

We decided that we should start with one breed, a breed that gets broody and take care of their babies.... So we landed on hedemora , the most local breed for us living in Norway, not far from Hedemora in Sweden.

Back
Top Bottom