What Breed of Chickens Do You Have?

What breed of chickens do you have?

• Total voters
Pics
2 Australorps (love them), 2 silver laced Orpingtons, and 2 Salmon faverolles 🥰 I'm sure more and different kinds to come, but I think Australorps and faverolles will always be a part of our flock, based on the the girls were have now!

Other is the winning breed. 🤣

serious: 4 Dutch, 2 Tournaisis and 1 mix (Dutch x Tournaisis)
4+2+1 = 7 too

And hopefully a little chicken math on the way. With a couple of bantam RIR by the end if the month. I have a broody and I’m picking up 10 fertilised eggs upcoming tuesday. :wee

I'm surprised Australorpe is so popular. I love them, but I thought I was the only one. My neighbours, seem to only have RIR, leghorn or Cornish cross.
We love ours! Friends of ours were picking out chicks this weekend and stopped by us to borrow some things and talk chickens. They ended up with a couple Australorps after meeting ours and us singing their praises 🥰

I have Buff, Partridge, Lavender, Lemon Cuckoo and silver penciled English orpingtons.
Silver laced, white capped black and buff laced polish.
Cuckoo, splash and black copper marans.
Light, dark, and buff Brahmas.
Buckeye, EEs, Ameraucana, White Rock, Silver Appenzeller Spitzhauben etc, etc. I have about 70 chickens, lol, and 71 eggs in the incubator.

Adults wise we have:
2 Orpingtons
2 Mottled Houdan
2 Bantam Wyandotte
2 Booted Bantams
1 Pekin (Cochin) Bantam
4 Old English Game Bantams
14 British Tailed Araucana
1 Waipahi (a New Zealand breed)

Then we have many little chicks currently running around and 5 newly hatched British Tailed Araucana chicks under a broody. I think that's it.

Back
Top Bottom