What breed of ducks are these?

Thinking possible khaki campbells the brown one on the right looks like a pure bred khaki. and maybe blue swedish ducks? That one is a bit iffy. Some look somewhat like those, but that could just be both mom and dads coloration showing at once. Definitely on the mallards though. Slight chance of rouen too.

Thinking possible khaki campbells the brown one on the right looks like a pure bred khaki. and maybe blue swedish ducks? That one is a bit iffy. Some look somewhat like those, but that could just be both mom and dads coloration showing at once. Definitely on the mallards though. Slight chance of rouen too.
Thank you so much for your thoughts! These are my first ducks. I'm really hoping for a khaki Campbell. I think I'm correct on the mallards but would prefer Rouens. The black ducks with yellow have me totally stumped. Any thoughts? They are mostly black with splashes of yellow. They are 5 weeks old now and I've posted a picture below that is from above so you can see their coloring. Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for your thoughts! These are my first ducks. I'm really hoping for a khaki Campbell. I think I'm correct on the mallards but would prefer Rouens. The black ducks with yellow have me totally stumped. Any thoughts? They are mostly black with splashes of yellow. They are 5 weeks old now and I've posted a picture below that is from above so you can see their coloring. Thank you so much!

The one with 2 eye strips looks to be Rouen. very pretty ducklings and look the one duckling has a heart on top of it's head how cute!!

The one with 2 eye strips looks to be Rouen. very pretty ducklings and look the one duckling has a heart on top of it's head how cute!!
I love the heart headed one too! Many of these are mostly black with splashes of yellow. So two eye stripes are Rouens? Works for me, I have a couple of those so that would be great. The mostly black ones are bigger than the rest but I can't find a reference as to what those ducklings could be. :(

Chances are the striped ones are rouen crosses. They look too big to be mallards. Though I do see one that has a single eye stripe. That one could be a muscovy cross as muscovy ducklings have stripes like that.
Looks like you have some black swedish (black with white chests) though black is a very dominant gene as well as the bibbing so they could be crosses as well.
The light brown one looks too light to be a pure khaki. They are much darker. My guess would be a khaki cross or even a blue swedish cross. Once the feathers come in you will be able to determine if its going to be a brown or blue duck. My guess would be blue.
the spotted one could be an ancona cross. or pekin cross. The pekins, when crossed with most breeds, tend to make cute spotted ducklings like that.

Do you have a list of the possible breeds the parent ducks were? That might help narrow down the possible crosses :)

Chances are the striped ones are rouen crosses. They look too big to be mallards. Though I do see one that has a single eye stripe. That one could be a muscovy cross as muscovy ducklings have stripes like that.
Looks like you have some black swedish (black with white chests) though black is a very dominant gene as well as the bibbing so they could be crosses as well.
The light brown one looks too light to be a pure khaki. They are much darker. My guess would be a khaki cross or even a blue swedish cross. Once the feathers come in you will be able to determine if its going to be a brown or blue duck. My guess would be blue.
the spotted one could be an ancona cross. or pekin cross. The pekins, when crossed with most breeds, tend to make cute spotted ducklings like that.

Do you have a list of the possible breeds the parent ducks were? That might help narrow down the possible crosses :)
Thank you! I was told they are Runner/Mallard crosses but I just don't see it. So many people are clueless about what they actually have so I didn't want to take their word for it. :)

All I can say is they are very cute.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom