What breed or gender is this?

MarcoSilva

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 27, 2014
[/IMG]I bought a chick a few weeks back and wanted to know what the gender of it is. Another thing I want to know is the breed. I know you awesome people can help me put on here :)

Last edited:
I was thinking that she was a Old Elnglish Game Fowl, but I just wanted to know. I'm fairly new into chickens, and she is the most aggressive chick i've had. I used to have a RIR roo and he was scared of everything. This little chick always picks on some serama chicks
1f61e.png
, well thanks you guys for the replies :) I will keep post some pictures of my serama chicks soon

It looks as if those legs are olive, slate or black. I think it is an Easter Egger without the beard or muff. When I ordered 4 Ameraucana chicks from Ideal, I received 4 Easter Eggers. (I was expecting Easter Eggers so was not disappointed.) Three of the four had beards. The fourth had a clean face like your chick. All had slate green legs. Three laid green eggs and one laid blue eggs.

Ginger was the only one of the four with coloring like your chick. The other three had lighter body colors.

Last edited:
I was thinking that she was a Old Elnglish Game Fowl, but I just wanted to know. I'm fairly new into chickens, and she is the most aggressive chick i've had. I used to have a RIR roo and he was scared of everything. This little chick always picks on some serama chicks
1f61e.png
, well thanks you guys for the replies :) I will keep post some pictures of my serama chicks soon

Her face does look like OEG to me. But I am no expert.

welcome-byc.gif

A profile picture of the bird standing naturally helps a lot to determine breed. Body shape is the basis if a breed, not feather or leg color. A comb shot would help, to tell what type of comb she has.

Back
Top Bottom