What breed quail would be best for house pets

Quote:
You can use their eggs for several purposes, frying is not the only way to eat eggs
wink.png

But if I had just 1 pair I would probably cook the eggs to feed back to them.

I would let them hatch few then let them eat the rest lol. I just want some nice birds that are pretty to look at. And Is there like no way once so ever to hand tame buttons

Well coturnix are the best for beginners, and they are fairly tame. Buttons are tiny and pretty but spastic little birds. Bobwhites are very aggressive and extremely hard to tame... Anything other than those three types are hard to raise and cost a lot. How many are you looking for? Just one, two or three, or a small colony? I recommend five coturnix. They shouldn't live in a pet bird cage because quail don't fly like parrots or finches. Coturnix don't fly far at all. Here is a list of the breeds.

Bobwhite Coturnix
Pros Cons Pros Cons
Pretty Hard to tame Tame easily Not Flighty
Fly Well Aggressive Pretty Can't live in parakeet cage
Can't live in parakeet cage Easy to take care of

Buttons
Pros Cons
Small Aggressive at times
Pretty Flighty
Hard to tame

I had coutrix at one time. So wanted to see about getting some of those but others said that buttons were the best lol. So honestly would like to get more of those since I have hatched them before and know how they hatch and stuff. If you have some eggs anyone let me know.

Do You Have An Alternative Place To Put Them Other Than In The House? Becuase After About A Month Of Smelling Them You Wont Want Them Inside... (any Speces Of Quail That Is...)

Well used to raise Coturix so know what they are like. It is not so bad if you only have couple. But when I have 80 of them one time it about killed me lol

I have three button quail that live is a 30 gallon fish aquarium in the house. I clean there cage once a week and they do not smell. I put paper towels in first and then shaves. They do not like to be held at all. I love to hear them singing or crow. I just give there eggs away people like but them in little birds nest. Oh yea once you hatch some you can not stop the babies are the cutes thing you have ever seen. They are so tiny.

YOu got any eggs you could mail me please lol. How many days does it take them to hatch mine took like 24 days to hatch give or take some hatched at 20 some at 24 lol but all went in at the same time so not sure what happened. Anyways let me know if you can ship me some I would pay shipping on them you can put couple in flat rate box for 4.95

Back
Top Bottom