What Breed(s) are these?

Hens and Roos

Songster
Dec 6, 2009
Cottage Grove, WI
We have this blue hen- some type of bantam, she's probably 8-9 months old, has 5 toes each foot, lays a pink colored egg.

The rooster with her is also some type of bantam and probably 7-8 months old, just started crowing mid Nov 2009.

Any idea what breed(s) they might be?

45425_100_8442.jpg

45425_100_8910.jpg

45425_100_8911.jpg

thanks, we found both on craig's list in Nov 09 but weren't sure exactly which breed they might be. It was interesting watching the rooster learn to crow, many times he opend up and nothing came out!

are they bantam ameracuanas??? Love the color and if they are bantams SWEET find!!!!!!!!! Lock your coop, i will be driving by tonight to steal them!!! LOL

We need pips&peeps to help see if they are true or ee's. I am seeing correct legs but i am NO expert but she is
tongue.png

Last edited:
pretty EE birds

the hen kinda looks like she has a buttercup comb.it may be that i just need glassses.

i am not saying she IS a buttercup,just observing the comb.

pink eggs.cool

Last edited:
Quote:
Bantam EEs. If the hen lays pink eggs, she is not an ameraucana even if she looks like it. They only lay blue or greenish blue.

Very nice chickens though, I have bantam EEs and love them. I like the color on your rooster!

Back
Top Bottom