What Breed/Sex are we?

tree13ag

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 4, 2008
i hatched my brood from a (brown/white egg) variety order from Ideal...
all have 4 toes
hatched 3/20-3/21
chickensandyardandscalp124.jpg

unknown breed. i'm hoping for a pullet, i love the feather pattern. clean yellow legs

chickensandyardandscalp125.jpg

close up of feathers

chickensandyardandscalp131.jpg

unknown breed. i have 2 of these & i think they're both cocks...may be pullet though. we just processed 3 of their noisy brothers that had HUGE combs. clean yellow legs

chickensandyardandscalp136.jpg

no idea on sex or breed...clean yellow legs

chickensandyardandscalp142.jpg

this is my favorite!i have 2, i think this one is a cock. he has a larger SINGLE comb & tail. these are sooooooo soft (much more so than my others) could he be an australorp? the pullet & cock both have short tail feathers that curl under. they are black with a green/blue sheen. the cock has white tips on a few of his wing feathers
clean black/blue legs

chickensandyardandscalp145.jpg

breed/sex? clean yellow legs. could i be a dominique cock?
chickensandyardandscalp147.jpg

here's the ROSE comb. it's pretty big & he's so pretty. i'm thinking cock....that sucks! it's a shame for something so pretty to be dinner
sad.png

Last edited:
i am hoping top is GLW (goldenlacedwyandotte, right?) pullet...thats what we were thinking, but we only started with chickens last october

ideal said "supposedly" they don't have EE's (only Americauna/Auracana), but...?

Quote:
She looks a lot like mine do. I'd say yes.
ideal said "supposedly" they don't have EE's (only Americauna/Auracana), but...?

Not according to most the folks on here. Most all hatcherys sell EE, instead of Ameracauna/Auracanas. By the way, I can't see your pics anymore?​

i'm new to this & messed up on photobucket by trying to organize....should be back up now
smile.png

Looking again at the white/speckled, It could be a Wyandotte. I first thought it had muffs and a beard, but maybe it's just the angle of the pic. What color are the legs?

I'm looking at pic #1 and am wondering if the chicken in the background with the dark yellow legs is the same kind as the one laying down? Also, how old are your chicks?

Back
Top Bottom