What breed & sex is my "Free" bonus chicken from Murray McMurray?

SmokinChick

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
Kingsville, MD
Here are some pics. He/She is 8 1/2 weeks old. Much smaller than the CXers it is rooming with. I'm guessing a EE due to tufts, really concerned with the sex. That will determine if it stays or goes, sadly!
Thanks for the help.

I would be inclined to say an EE, too. Don't make any decisions yet, but seeing a red comb like that on an 8 week old chick makes me think boy.

I would be inclined to say an EE, too. Don't make any decisions yet, but seeing a red comb like that on an 8 week old chick makes me think boy.
I agree. And I definitely would lean towards roo with that one. All the black and white EE's (even the EE's crossed with others) I've had so far have been roosters.

I agree. And I definitely would lean towards roo with that one. All the black and white EE's (even the EE's crossed with others) I've had so far have been roosters.
many people see black and white and automatically say it is a cockerel. This case it happens to be a cockerel. I have had and seen many hens that are black and white. But you should never go by that. BTW when i said coloring I meant because it is patchy and not uniform like a hens would be

Back
Top Bottom