What breed should I get? HELP! Can't decide!

Here's the link for silky ducks http://www.holderreadfarm.com/photogallery/silkies_page/silkies_page.htm
I
requested a catalog for next year. Hope they have more colors though. I'm not thrilled with black.

Planning on going to the county fair next week. Heard there were a lot of duck breeds to look at there. figured I could better make a decision after seeing actual birds. Also, talked to a friend that goes to the swap every fall. She said there were a lot of ducks for sale there. So think I will wait till Sept. Oh it's going to be difficult....
smile.png

I'VE MADE A DECISION!

Ok I placed an order for 5 ducklings from Metzer Farms. They had the blue swedish which is one I really wanted and they didn't charge a whole lot for having a small order.
they are
1 Rouen Female
1 Blue Swedish Female
2 Welsh Harlequin male & Female
and 1 female cayuga
Supposed to arrive the week of August 22 can't wait!

And to answer the above post... I have thought of Khaki campbells but wanted more color so went with harlequins.
I also figure I could still go to the swap in Sept. and look for Saxony, Ancona, buff, and Pekin.....or whatever else they might have there.
smile.png

Thanks for all input! I love this site!

Quote:
Nice choices~~ I am trying to decide as well, but would like to get some already 4 to 6 wks old. Think I'll wait & C what peeps have at the swap I am going to this Sunday here in NH. for now I just want 2, had a hard time talking hubby into ducks~ lol

Quote:
Nice choices~~ I am trying to decide as well, but would like to get some already 4 to 6 wks old. Think I'll wait & C what peeps have at the swap I am going to this Sunday here in NH. for now I just want 2, had a hard time talking hubby into ducks~ lol

Hopefully your "hubby" will turn out like my boyfrined. He wasn't much of an animal person when we first met. Didn't like dogs at all, but now... well I've ended up with 2 extra bunnies "they were too cute, what's 2 more..." and we kept a puppy from last year's litter that I wasn't planning on keeping. He needed extra attention and my boyfriend ended up staying up all night with the puppy since he was worried about him and after that....well he really didn't want to let him go. I now have 5 dogs. So, good luck to you and your duck endever!

Quote:

Hopefully your "hubby" will turn out like my boyfrined. He wasn't much of an animal person when we first met. Didn't like dogs at all, but now... well I've ended up with 2 extra bunnies "they were too cute, what's 2 more..." and we kept a puppy from last year's litter that I wasn't planning on keeping. He needed extra attention and my boyfriend ended up staying up all night with the puppy since he was worried about him and after that....well he really didn't want to let him go. I now have 5 dogs. So, good luck to you and your duck endever!

lol~ Dan is an animal person to a point.. We had 6 dogs now we have 4 ( loss due 2 old age ) we now have 2 cats again ( R last 2 got taken by something ) inside this time. I have 2 parakeets. 34 chickens & 6 horses. Did have cotrunix quails but they got out or were let of of the cage by someone or something. He just knows the more pets I have the more I will not go away on a vaca, my daughter will not help out animal sitting . The dogs R the hardest to get care for, as they do not like strangers, they R scared. We teach R kids not to talk or take treats from strangers~ well my dogs act just like that~ lol " stay away from me they say " . but anyway~~ a couple of ducks 2 start with
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom