What Breed Should I Get?

Pics
Mine worry about local is what to do with the extra males. Also some people don't actually know what breed they have, or have mixes, or are just selling and breeding to make money with little thought to their animals. I have gotten muscovy females locally, and I liked the seller. But there are several sellers where the animals look over crowded.
Oof yes, that is something I've run across too. It's also how I ended up with a 'goose' being a gander lol There is a farm that's not too far away that sells sexed juveniles, but the breeds available are very limited.

So excited for duckling pictures!

Mine were supposed to come this week, but unfortunately Metzer apparently had an underhatch on both Cayugas and Welsh Harlequins, and my order got postponed to March 1. They said that they have had poor hatches the last few weeks, so hopefully your order isn't affected!

The only plus side is that we currently have 2 feet of snow and it won't be above freezing for a few weeks, so at least the ducklings will be able to go outside when they get here...
Thank you for this info! I haven't heard anything from Metzer, and my order ships out Monday. But I'm ok with them postponing if it means I'll get the breeds I want.

Heck, maybe they'll let me pick them up later...

Thank you for this info! I haven't heard anything from Metzer, and my order ships out Monday. But I'm ok with them postponing if it means I'll get the breeds I want.

Yep, they'll call you day of if there are any issues with your order.... I started getting nervous when it was 4pm and I still hadn't gotten a shipping notification.

Yep, they'll call you day of if there are any issues with your order.... I started getting nervous when it was 4pm and I still hadn't gotten a shipping notification.
Those shipping notifications are being sent out really late… Late on Pacific Time, so for us folks at the East coast it is usually at bed-time.

My shipping experience with Metzer was really good. The Thursday before I got an “info” email that said they ship Monday thru Wednesday and I’d get a tracking number when the ducks shipped. Monday I got a tracking a number but my ducks sat in San Jose until Tuesday night, then I got an update around 8 that they were on the move again.

Back
Top Bottom