What Breed Should I Get?

Pics
Yes, please!!! How have they settled in?

Also, where did you order them from, @igorsa d how far did they travel? I am asking on behalf of my frazzled nerves. I have a shipment coming next week...
I ordered my Runners from Murray McMurray and the White Layers from Metzer Farms. Metzer is in CA, they were here in two days. McMurray is in Iowa and the Runners were here in two days.
I live in Phoenix. My Runners went from IA to CA and finally to AZ between Thanksgiving and Christmas so don’t worry. Although I completely understand your nerves! I did see the babies eating and drinking and they’re peeping and staying in a group. All good. Your ducklings will be great! I can’t wait to see pics!

I ordered my Runners from Murray McMurray and the White Layers from Metzer Farms. Metzer is in CA, they were here in two days. McMurray is in Iowa and the Runners were here in two days.
I live in Phoenix. My Runners went from IA to CA and finally to AZ between Thanksgiving and Christmas so don’t worry. Although I completely understand your nerves! I did see the babies eating and drinking and they’re peeping and staying in a group. All good. Your ducklings will be great! I can’t wait to see pics!
Thank you! I am glad they are all well!

I have ducks on the brain, I think. Today I've called chickens AND my cats "ducks" on accident.

Are able to sleep at night? There are times I lay in bed and just think about ducks.
🤣 I HAVE had a hard time sleeping some nights, thi king about brooder and names and integrating them with chickens! Haha!

But the less amusing reality is that it's my job that keeps me sleepless most nights. Bleeehhh.....

So excited for duckling pictures!

Mine were supposed to come this week, but unfortunately Metzer apparently had an underhatch on both Cayugas and Welsh Harlequins, and my order got postponed to March 1. They said that they have had poor hatches the last few weeks, so hopefully your order isn't affected!

The only plus side is that we currently have 2 feet of snow and it won't be above freezing for a few weeks, so at least the ducklings will be able to go outside when they get here...

So excited for duckling pictures!

Mine were supposed to come this week, but unfortunately Metzer apparently had an underhatch on both Cayugas and Welsh Harlequins, and my order got postponed to March 1. They said that they have had poor hatches the last few weeks, so hopefully your order isn't affected!

The only plus side is that we currently have 2 feet of snow and it won't be above freezing for a few weeks, so at least the ducklings will be able to go outside when they get here...
Bummer. Maybe that will be better for you, since it may not be as cold when they ship.

I hope my order is not delayed. I ordered 2 cayugas. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom