What Breed Should I Get?

Pics
Bummer. Maybe that will be better for you, since it may not be as cold when they ship.

I hope my order is not delayed. I ordered 2 cayugas. I guess I will have to wait and see.
I do wish that I ordered directly through Metzer now though... I got impatient and ordered through My Pet Chicken because their availability was up sooner, and I've had good customer service interactions with them in the past. They were still very nice and accomodating, but apparently Metzer doesn't call them till the end of the day to let them know which orders they couldn't fill, which means that there's no chance of a hatch day substitution. Oh well, now I know.

I do wish that I ordered directly through Metzer now though... I got impatient and ordered through My Pet Chicken because their availability was up sooner, and I've had good customer service interactions with them in the past. They were still very nice and accomodating, but apparently Metzer doesn't call them till the end of the day to let them know which orders they couldn't fill, which means that there's no chance of a hatch day substitution. Oh well, now I know.
Same but with Meyer. I had no idea MPC used drop shipping for a lot of their orders and my buff dewlaps are actually coming from Meyer, would have just placed my entire order from them. Oh welllllllll 🙃

Same but with Meyer. I had no idea MPC used drop shipping for a lot of their orders and my buff dewlaps are actually coming from Meyer, would have just placed my entire order from them. Oh welllllllll 🙃
And even Meyer Hatcheries in Ohio is drop-sipping "their" ducklings from Metzer farms!
That "drop-shipping" is kind of an epidemic that can cause bad-effects: I had one neighbor who ordered ducklings at Meyers and his order was delivered from two different hatcheries, with one order delayed by a week. And y'all know how much ducklings grow within one week, so he had to configure a second brooder for the late arrivals.
I wish they would clearly state on their web-sites which of "their" birds are being drop-shipped!

And even Meyer Hatcheries in Ohio is drop-sipping "their" ducklings from Metzer farms!
That "drop-shipping" is kind of an epidemic that can cause bad-effects: I had one neighbor who ordered ducklings at Meyers and his order was delivered from two different hatcheries, with one order delayed by a week. And y'all know how much ducklings grow within one week, so he had to configure a second brooder for the late arrivals.
I wish they would clearly state on their web-sites which of "their" birds are being drop-shipped!

Ugh, that's so frustrating! So I'm guessing it's safe to say just order from Metzer or source locally?

Mine worry about local is what to do with the extra males. Also some people don't actually know what breed they have, or have mixes, or are just selling and breeding to make money with little thought to their animals. I have gotten muscovy females locally, and I liked the seller. But there are several sellers where the animals look over crowded.

Back
Top Bottom