What breed????

Chickensandmore445

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2017
MA
Hello everyone! So im thinking about getting some quail to go with some pheasants im going to get But i cant decide the breeds I love button but i dont think i want to eat the eggs... from other breeds. i dont want a huge one like valley or scaled Can anyone give some recomendations? Thank you!

Coturnix are a great variety similar in personality and living requirements to button quails. Non-jumbos are pretty small and their eggs are super mild and taste no different than chicken eggs. I've only had coturnix but have heard that they're mellower than buttons. Plus they come in a bunch of different colors!

Last edited:
IMG_2198.JPG
Courtnix quail! Beautiful animals and egg-cellent egg machines too!

Coturnix are a great variety similar in personality and living requirements to button quails. Non-jumbos are pretty small and their eggs are super mild and taste no different than chicken eggs. I've only had coturnix but have heard that they're mellower than buttons. Plus they come in a bunch of different colors!
Well should i get them jumbo or not jumbo which one is nicer

Also does anyone know if texas a&m lay eggs or not?

The Texas A&M is just a white Coturnix. What most people call Texas A&M is just a English white. A true Texas A&M was bred at Texas A&M to be the size of a jumbo pharoah and be a white meat. If someone has a true Texas A&M they can prove the linage of the birds. If they cant prove it then its just a English White (it has become normal for everyone to call a white Coturnix a Texas A&M).
And to answer your Question yes they lay lots of eggs.

The Texas A&M is just a white Coturnix. What most people call Texas A&M is just a English white. A true Texas A&M was bred at Texas A&M to be the size of a jumbo pharoah and be a white meat. If someone has a true Texas A&M they can prove the linage of the birds. If they cant prove it then its just a English White (it has become normal for everyone to call a white Coturnix a Texas A&M).
And to answer your Question yes they lay lots of eggs.
So do they lay eggs?

Back
Top Bottom