What breed?

I agree on Olive egger. She looks just like my Penny (avatar) did as a chick, like a little chipmunk. I believe she’s a cross of Legbar and Leghorn and believe she came from Hoover as well, she came from TSC. Your babies are so cute!!!
Since Leghorns lay white eggs and Legbars lay sky blue, if she's laying olive eggs, she has a brown egg layer in her lineage :) Very likely a Welsummer :) Pretty girl!

I agree on Olive egger. She looks just like my Penny (avatar) did as a chick, like a little chipmunk. I believe she’s a cross of Legbar and Leghorn and believe she came from Hoover as well, she came from TSC. Your babies are so cute!!!
Thank you! I'm starting to lean towards an olive egger! Its just crazy to me because they didn't advertise that they had any olive eggers, just easter eggers! I think maybe a employee there wasn't sure what any of them were and just put them in the box. The friend of mine who picked mine up for me bought her a few also and she ended up with what she is thinking is a barred rock instead of an easter egger! Which they didn't have barred rocks labeled on any of the brooders they had them in!

Since Leghorns lay white eggs and Legbars lay sky blue, if she's laying olive eggs, she has a brown egg layer in her lineage :) Very likely a Welsummer :) Pretty girl!
Thank you!!! Whatever she is mixed with I love it❤️ Her eggs are a light minty green and not really an “olive” color. I guessed maybe crossed with leghorn because they’re HUGE eggs, poor girl

Thank you!!! Whatever she is mixed with I love it❤️ Her eggs are a light minty green and not really an “olive” color. I guessed maybe crossed with leghorn because they’re HUGE eggs, poor girl
Very cool! Legbars are actually know for their odd egg shape, I don't believe every single Legbar lays eggs like this, but many lay large eggs that are almost round! Mine layed very distinctive eggs compared to my Easter Eggers. I bet that's where she's getting that trait from. Legbars also very good layers like Leghorns because they were originally derived from them! You're lucky with the mint green eggs, such a special girl! :)

Thank you! I'm starting to lean towards an olive egger! Its just crazy to me because they didn't advertise that they had any olive eggers, just easter eggers! I think maybe a employee there wasn't sure what any of them were and just put them in the box. The friend of mine who picked mine up for me bought her a few also and she ended up with what she is thinking is a barred rock instead of an easter egger! Which they didn't have barred rocks labeled on any of the brooders they had them in!
I’m sorry that happened! I think it is unfortunately very common for breeds to get mixed up, especially if the employees are not knowledgeable or don’t care. Penny was part of a flock of 5, 2 of which were actually the breeds I asked for the others were oopsie mysteries I had to figure out along the way.

Back
Top Bottom