What Breeds and Gender is This?

Deezchix

Songster
Aug 7, 2021
New England U.S.
Haven't been on for a bit, wasn't well now feeling better. Anywho, 4 chicks will be 3 months in a few weeks. Dad is black Easter Egger, possible moms are ISA brown, Golden Comet, Golden Laced Wyandotte and Barred Rock. I know there are tells and I have my
Doesn't matter either way, just looking for opinions or guesses from those experienced with the breeds.
Thanks!
IMG_20220928_112432.jpg
IMG_20220928_131714.jpg
IMG_20220928_131502.jpg
IMG_20220928_131636.jpg
IMG_20220928_131653.jpg

The white and red one has the golden comet for a mother. The bright red on the shoulders is suspicious, but I think that one might actually be a female. Time will tell, though.

The mostly black one looks female. Mother is either the barred rock or Wyandotte. Check comb type. Single comb means the BR is likely the mom, rose comb means Wyandotte is the mom.

The barred one is a definite cockerel due to sex link genetics, and its mother is the barred rock.

Is one missing, or do two look very alike? I'm only seeing three here.

The white and red one has the golden comet for a mother. The bright red on the shoulders is suspicious, but I think that one might actually be a female. Time will tell, though.

The mostly black one looks female. Mother is either the barred rock or Wyandotte. Check comb type. Single comb means the BR is likely the mom, rose comb means Wyandotte is the mom.

The barred one is a definite cockerel due to sex link genetics, and its mother is the barred rock.

Oh my gosh, so sorry forgot the last one we call "runt" lol.
IMG_20220928_131616.jpg
IMG_20220928_131455.jpg

I read about the barred rock sex link, so kinda knew he was a male, that's why I only posted one photo. We have caught the white and red one several times play fighting with the Barred Rock, I kind of thought that one might be male however it's not showing any signs, the comb is still very very tiny and there is no waddle. growing in. The mostly black one has a tiny comb that looks like it may be rose.
All have 1 dad, an easter egger with a weird come(walnut???). I'm attaching a picture. Also pic of the possible moms.
IMG_20220417_144200.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220306_131845.jpg
    IMG_20220306_131845.jpg
    704.6 KB · Views: 3
I read about the barred rock sex link, so kinda knew he was a male, that's why I only posted one photo. We have caught the white and red one several times play fighting with the Barred Rock, I kind of thought that one might be male however it's not showing any signs, the comb is still very very tiny and there is no waddle. growing in. The mostly black one has a tiny comb that looks like it may be rose.
All have 1 dad, an easter egger with a weird come(walnut???). I'm attaching a picture. Also pic of the possible moms.View attachment 3277570
The rooster has a pea comb

Haven't been on for a bit, wasn't well now feeling better. Anywho, 4 chicks will be 3 months in a few weeks. Dad is black Easter Egger, possible moms are ISA brown, Golden Comet, Golden Laced Wyandotte and Barred Rock. I know there are tells and I have my
Doesn't matter either way, just looking for opinions or guesses from those experienced with the breeds.
Thanks!View attachment 3277461View attachment 3277462View attachment 3277463View attachment 3277464View attachment 3277465
Oh my gosh, so sorry forgot the last one we call "runt" lol. View attachment 3277563View attachment 3277564
1 (white): red sex link (either gold comet or ISA) mix cockerel
2 (black): red sex link mix pullet (RSLs can produce black and red chicks because they aren’t pure for dominant white)
3 (barred): barred rock mix cockerel
4 (bearded): barred rock mix pullet

Back
Top Bottom