What breeds are in my flock?

LancasterLeague

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2016
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I have a flock that started with 4 (which are now about 15 weeks old), I also have 2 that are about 4 weeks old, and then 2 new chicks that are a MAYBE a week old. I got all of them at the local feed store, before really researching breeds, terms (sraight run, pullet, etc). I believe the first 4 were from a batch of bantam pullet chicks, and the last 4 were bought straight run. Pretty sure I ended up with at least one cockerel in the ones that are 4 weeks, and of course, can't tell yet from the littlest ones. Could anybody tell me what they think the breeds might be based on the pics below?
#1 Dawn- 15 weeks

#2 Angelica-15 weeks

#3 Eliza-15 weeks

#4 Pecky-15 weeks

#5 Padma- 4.5 weeks

#6 Parvati (but pretty sure it's a cockerel so changing name to Pavarotti) -4.5 weeks

#7 Daphne - maybe a week

#8 Velma - maybe one week

I'm pretty new to chicken raising but learning more and more rapidly! Any help would be appreciated!

welcome-byc.gif

bantam buff Brahma. Pretty sure that's a pullet, but a comb shot would confirm.

next two look like buff bantam Cochin pullets

Pecky--looks like a pullet. I'm not great on clean legged bantam breeds, not sure what she is.

5 and 6 are black bantam Cochins. I'm not positive the first bird is a pullet....there's not a ton of comb, but those are some pretty red wattles. Second is a definite cockerel.

Nto sure on the littles.

Great odds on the straight run bantams
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

bantam buff Brahma. Pretty sure that's a pullet, but a comb shot would confirm.

next two look like buff bantam Cochin pullets

Pecky--looks like a pullet. I'm not great on clean legged bantam breeds, not sure what she is.

5 and 6 are black bantam Cochins. I'm not positive the first bird is a pullet....there's not a ton of comb, but those are some pretty red wattles. Second is a definite cockerel.

Nto sure on the littles.

Great odds on the straight run bantams
smile.png
I agree, and #4 is a White Old English Game bantam

Back
Top Bottom