What breeds are my 3 chicks?

Another possibility for the second chick is a light brahma. Can you tell the comb type yet?
The last one is probably mixed with silkie if it has 5 toes...
Screenshot_2018-12-06-09-13-30-24.png
Just from looking at comb types on google images it looks like it'll be a single.

I agree with most on the first two.
Polish
Cochin (likely white but possibly splash or ??)
The last one, I believe, to be a frizzled Cochin/Silkie cross.
Some Silkie crosses will be smooth feathered but clearly this chick also carries the frizzled gene.
Very cute trio!

FYI: Be aware that sometimes other chicks will peck at a Polish birds crest as it grows in.
Sometimes even pulling the feathers.
I think @No More Empty Nest had that problem.
They can get rather fascinated with it.
Just something to look out for.
Yes I think you're right for all of those. And thank you for the heads up about the Polish :)

I agree with most on the first two.
Polish
Cochin (likely white but possibly splash or ??)
The last one, I believe, to be a frizzled Cochin/Silkie cross.
Some Silkie crosses will be smooth feathered but clearly this chick also carries the frizzled gene.
Very cute trio!

FYI: Be aware that sometimes other chicks will peck at a Polish birds crest as it grows in.
Sometimes even pulling the feathers.
I think @No More Empty Nest had that problem.
They can get rather fascinated with it.
Just something to look out for.
Oh yes, I had that problem. It started when they were pretty little. I thought she was just loosing her baby fluff. But then realized she was being pecked at. I put some blucote on at first because it looked like she had a little blood. But that didn't stop them so I got the bad tasting stuff. RoosterBooster Anti Feather Picking I think it is. I had to put it on every other day, they were quite persistent. But they finally stopped! Luckily they had been more breaking the feathers off than pulling them out, so her head recovered fast. She looked like a punk rocker for a while with her purple head, lol.

Back
Top Bottom