What breeds are these chicks?

Wow, thanks for this! Here's the roo, he was ordered from a hatchery with 30 other Americaunas and turned out to be a dude. Some of the chicks also seem to have little beards too!
Since he has a beard, I'm not surprised that some of his chicks have beards too.

I think he does have blue rather than black, which makes sense considering some of the chick colors.

He does not appear to have barring, so that matches what I was assuming when I was giving answers.

Since he has a beard, I'm not surprised that some of his chicks have beards too.

I think he does have blue rather than black, which makes sense considering some of the chick colors.

He does not appear to have barring, so that matches what I was assuming when I was giving answers.
Awesome, thank you!

Do you know what color egg the offspring of an Olive Egg X Brown Egg would lay?

Hello! Recently hatched a bunch of chicks from my flock, sired by an amauracana roo. Any guesses on what breeds the hens are that the eggs must have come from? I know a couple already from the egg color, but I'm stumped on a handful. Here are the hen options:

Barred Rock
Sapphire Gem
Brahma
ISA Brown
Australorp

View attachment 3271701View attachment 3271702View attachment 3271703View attachment 3271704View attachment 3271705

I would guess number 4 is a Barred Rock cross because of the spot on the head? Or maybe the Sapphire Gem? Thanks for any help or if you need any other pictures from different angles!!
They all look like barred rock to me, I had two barred rock chicks and they looked like that.

Back
Top Bottom